ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world by simplifying, transforming, and accelerating enterprise information needs, on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the best place to work for our employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the digital world. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, and we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the digital world, then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen at OpenText for a commercial Legal Counsel to join OpenText’s in-house legal team based in one of our Bay Area offices. This is a diverse role that will include drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial technology agreements in support of Americas region sales activity for OpenText’s Discovery business, including software licenses, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal advice on company transactions, and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
What it takes:
• Strong academic record and experience working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment
• 5+ years previous experience conducting contract negotiations preferred
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
• You are enthusiastic, hard-working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues
• Ability to work with discretion and to understand the complexities of a multi-faceted business; desire to learn and participate in new business opportunities and participate in the decision-making process
• Ability to communicate clearly, solve problems and provide commercially focused advice is essential
• Solid “hands on” experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of agreements, particularly in software licensing, professional services contracts, maintenance and support agreements and cloud based offerings
• Knowledge of working within the technology sector and, in particular, assisting sales executives on commercial and sales transactions
• Background in contract support for a variety of business functions including sales, marketing, engineering and other internal clients.
• Ability to function effectively and pragmatically in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsibilities
• Ability to advise management on risks across the business and strategies for mitigation
• Good judgment and attention to detail
• Exceptional skills at building positive working relationships
• Learns quickly and thinks creatively
OpenText has experienced unprecedented growth in the past three years. Looking to our future success story we are looking for more top talent – people like you who share our vision and want to influence tomorrow's world today, and we can offer you a vibrant global environment in which your skills and career can flourish.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental condition, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Those interested should send their resume to Paul Ambrosio at email@example.com .