At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
One Medical is seeking to hire a Senior Corporate Counsel to play a critical role on our growing legal team, supporting the clinical teams and operations at One Medical. As Senior Corporate Counsel this individual will maintain primary accountability for supporting One Medical’s clinicians along with operations and central support teams in navigating the laws and regulations relevant to a national primary care practice. The Senior Corporate Counsel will work cross-functionally, collaborating with stakeholders to help develop processes, approaches and tools to deliver effective and efficient legal support. Additionally, this role will function as a subject matter expert for legal/compliance issues related to health care and health care operations, will deliver sound legal advice to stakeholders at scale while helping to develop and grow the tools and processes as well as help devise and implement policies that mitigate clinical and litigation risks.
The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with diverse teams and is an effective and persuasive communicator. As a resource for our internal teams, it is critical that this individual seamlessly build trusting relationships and establish a reputation for sound decision-making, as well as be driven by a desire to learn and grow, and share their knowledge with a greater team. Working within complex and sometimes ambiguous circumstances, the Senior Corporate Counsel will take on tough challenges and new opportunities with enthusiasm and will present a can-do attitude, demonstrating willingness to “roll up their sleeves” and get the job done. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect!
What you’ll likely work on:
- Function as the subject matter expert for legal/compliance issues related to healthcare and healthcare operations
- Respond to clinical issues and capture knowledge for future use
- Drive various risk mitigation efforts (service recovery) and methods for addressing medical malpractice risks, while managing medical malpractice litigation
- Work closely with product teams to ensure the EMR system is updated with the latest changes in laws and regulations
- Deliver sound legal advice to stakeholders at scale, while developing and growing the tools and processes for delivery
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies that mitigate clinical and litigation risks
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited institution and an active member in good standing with the Bar in any state.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a legal capacity with three years experience working in healthcare
- Possess an understanding of healthcare regulations and how they affect clinical functions
- Experience navigating state and federal regulations and laws applicable to health care, including fraud waste and abuse laws (AKS, Stark, etc).
- Familiar with privacy issues in healthcare, including HIPAA compliance
- Ability to distill complicated problems and drive practical solutions from ideation to implementation.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and “ruthlessly” prioritize
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program – Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs – Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance – One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance – One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA
Please visit here.