Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Assistant Regional Counsel for its West Region. This position will reside in either San Ramon, San Diego, Fresno, California or Tempe, Arizona.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel (West Region), the Assistant Regional Counsel will be a member of an active law department and have regular exposure to business leaders. The Assistant Regional Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel to internal clients at all levels, support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies of the Company.
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES And TASKS
- Provide timely advice and counsel to internal clients in various legal topics (contracts, employment, property, etc.)
- Draft and review various contracts (including but not limited to sales agreements, purchase orders and agreements, service agreements, rental agreements, confidentiality agreements, and leases), and negotiating with counterparty in connection therewith.
- Research and analyze legal issues and write summaries/memos for submission to Associate General Counsel, West Region
- Assist in gathering documentation and information in response to subpoenas and litigation discovery requests
- Assist in developing company policies, procedures, and guidelines on legal issues
- Assist in analyzing and resolving legal disputes with various parties
- Research, anticipate, and mitigate legal risks regarding business decisions and operations
- Prepare summaries of the status of litigation and other legal matters for Associate General Counsel (West Region)
- Conduct internal investigations, as necessary
- Provide trainings to the Company on various legal topics
- Handle other legal matters and duties as assigned by the Associate General Counsel (West Region).
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant legal experience; three (3) years with a law firm is preferred.
- Degree from an accredited law school.
- Current license to practice law and in good standing in any jurisdiction in the United States.
- Ability to work independently – but knowing when to ask questions.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, oral communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the company’s legal department and across all businesses.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
Benefits & Compensation
At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth. Lehigh Hanson’s comprehensive package of compensation and benefit programs reflect this belief. We strive to develop competitive pay programs that will attract, motivate, retain and reward employees.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please see: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1569764037/