At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
The One Medical Legal & Compliance team is a highly effective and collaborative team. We are interested in having law students apply for a paid summer internship for summer 2020 and lasting 8 weeks working as a Legal Summer Associate. The summer internship will provide invaluable experience to a fast paced in-house law environment.
You will be paired with one or more members of our team who will help guide you during the internship. Because we are a client-focused team, you will join us as we collaborate closely with the business units, providers, and other stakeholders we support. The ideal candidate would continue the internship on a part-time basis in the fall semester of 2020 as well.
What you’ll work on:
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our attorneys and business clients in a wide variety of subject matters, including marketing, licensing, regulatory compliance, privacy, and technology law. Your summer experience with us will enable you to:
- Learn about the various areas of law including healthcare regulatory, data privacy, and marketing;
- Perform legal research on developments in state & federal HIPAA laws, new state-specific privacy legislations (e.g., CCPA), healthcare regulatory laws such as Anti-kickback and Stark, and similar state and federal regulations;
- Learn to negotiate contract terms, starting with NDAs and working with our templates;
- Learn to manage data requests;
- Learn about vendor contracting and legal intake tools;
- Manage a wide variety of clerical and legal tasks including ensuring contract compliance, summaries, and filing;
- Assist in drafting policies and procedures and implementing them in the field;
- Use your tech savvy skills to help us improve our processes, and resource center.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- A pragmatic, can-do attitude, driven from intellectual curiosity and an internal drive to action
- Superb performance as a 2nd year law student
- Excellent communication and strong collaboration skills
- Familiarity with US privacy laws and regulations a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and related laws is a plus, but not required.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
To apply, click here.