If you are interested in posting a job listing on this site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should include a brief job description along with the direct contact information of the hiring employer. Recruiter listings will generally not be posted. If the job listing is already listed on your website, please provide a link to the job listing in your email. There is no fee, and the listing can be deleted from the website by notification from the employer. Only listings appropriate for J.D. graduates and other legal professionals will be posted. Thank you.
SEDGWICK INSURANCE ASSOCIATE (SAN FRANCISCO) (posted February 26, 2013)
Sedgwick LLP has an opening in its San Francisco office for an Insurance Litigation Associate. The ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of experience in general liability, excess, or professional lines coverages. All candidates must have exceptional research, writing and communication skills, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated ability to assume full responsibility in the handling of client matters. To be considered, please provide a cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample.
Please apply on Sedgwick’s careers page: http://www.sedgwicklaw.com/attorney-and-staff-job-openings/.
Please feel free to contact the below recruiting contacts if you have any questions regarding a position in a specific office:
Sabrina Lonergan (SF Office) email@example.com
REMINDER: Our very own FBANC President, David Mesa, is an associate at Sedgwick and a very good resource for information on this position. Feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to discuss the opportunities at the Firm.
UNION BANK – SENIOR CREDIT COMMERCIAL ATTORNEY (posted February 26, 2013)
Union Bank is seeking a Senior Commercial Credit Attorney who will sit either in Oakland or Pasadena. For more information about this position, please look on their career website, https://www.unionbankcareers.com/. The requisition number is 23169.
Anyone interested in this position or who has questions about the position should contact Merle Vaughn at Major Lindsay & Africa. Merle’s e-mail is mevaughn@MLAGlobal.com.
UNION BANK – EMPLOYMENT AND LITIGATION COUNSEL I (posted February 26, 2013)
Job Opportunity at Union Bank – 5+ years experience
Location: San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA
About the Company:
Union Bank is a full-service financial institution headquartered in San Francisco, with 12,000+ employees who are located in 24 different states, primarily California, but including Washington, Oregon, New York, Texas and Illinois.
* The Employment and Litigation Counsel I will focus on employment law counseling, related litigation and transactional matters. This Vice President position reports to the Associate General Counsel.
* Advice and counsel to management and HR professionals on a broad range of employment issues, including: recruiting, hiring, employee relations, discipline and termination, internal investigations, reductions-in-force, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, wage and hour compliance, employee benefits, compensation, regulatory compliance, possible M&A activity, and ethics.
* Strategic advice and counsel on development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
* Work closely with all levels of Human Resources staff to provide sound, ethical and practical legal service and advice.
* Manage and respond to agency charges and attorney demand letters as necessary.
* Direct outside counsel and manage budget on employment litigation matters
* Conduct manager and human resources training.
* JD and excellent academic credentials. Member CA Bar.
* 5+ years of experience in employment counseling and litigation at a law firm with strong employment law practice or as in-house employment counsel in a highly regulated environment (financial services preferred).
* Strong knowledge of California and Federal employment laws and regulations.
In addition to substantive knowledge and experience, the attorney must have excellent risk analysis skills and judgment, outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and a reputation for timely transaction execution. The candidate must be a creative and strategic thinker and negotiator with the ability to create consensus, influence, interact with and advise senior executives, build trusted relationships with clients and colleagues, deal constructively with conflict, issue advice and guidance with confidence, and adapt to a fast-paced environment involving multiple simultaneous issues and transactions.
Union Bank offers a competitive compensation package and a full range of employment benefits, comprehensive health and welfare insurance. UB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume/CV to:
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V